I made this from a nice, drapey rayon. It was tricky to cut out properly,
but worked out nicely. I lowered the waistline to accommodate my long
torso. I used narrower rectangles for the skirt, both to reduce fullness
and to save on yardage! I made inseam pockets by following
directions and am *very* pleased with the smooth look. I fully lined the
overlay so I could attach it by stitching *inside* the overlay instead of
topstitching; this gives it the look of a regularly-constructed princess
seam (with nursing openings, of course). I combined sizes a bit, but
didn't make the dress super-fitted. And the finishing touch -- a matching
dress for my Darling Daughter!
This 203 is made of 2 coordinating flannels. I pleated the front of the
skirt for a slimmer look and used bias tape instead of facings.
Please contact the Webmaster if there are any problems with this site.